Reminder: Public Open Houses Set for June 13 on Freight Rail Issue
Two public open houses will be held Thursday, June 13 on engineering concepts for resolving the location of freight rail in the design of the Southwest LRT (Green Line extension). Project engineers will present details of their concepts and seek public feedback. The open houses will be held from 8 to 9:30 am and from 4:30 to 7 pm in the Commons Cafeteria at Benilde-St. Margaret’s School, 2501 Highway 100 South, in St. Louis Park. The concepts explore various possibilities for co-locating freight and LRT tracks in Minneapolis, as well as options to reroute freight rail to St. Louis Park to make way for LRT tracks in the Kenilworth Corridor.
Public Open Houses Set for Southwest LRT Station Locations
Open houses will be held in June for the public to provide feedback on proposed locations for the 17 stations. The three open houses regarding the Minneapolis stations will be held in Minneapolis from:
· 8 to 9:30 am on Monday, June 17 at the Metro Transit’s Fred T. Heywood Office Building, 560 Sixth Ave N
· 4:30 to 7 pm on Monday, June 17 at the Harrison Recreation Center, 503 Irving Ave N
· 4:40 to 7 pm on Monday, June 24 at the Kenwood Recreation Center, 2101 Franklin Ave W
Announcements from the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
- Beaches are now open daily from 6 am to 10 pm with lifeguards scheduled until August 25 from 11 am to 7 pm at several area beaches including East Cedar Lake. On days when the temperature is 85 degrees or warmer at 6 pm, lifeguard hours will be extended 1 hour.
- Kenwood Park will host a “movie in the park” starting 15 minutes before sunset on Wednesday, June 19. The movie is “Miracle”.
- Set up your blanket or lawn chair, bring a picnic, and enjoy the show. The Cromulent Shakespeare Company will perform “Romeo and Juliet” in Kenwood Park starting at 7 pm on Saturday, June 29. For more information, visit: www.cromulentshakespeare.org
Join Lisa Goodman for Lunch and Conversation
Join our City Council representative, Lisa Goodman, from noon to 1 pm on Wednesday, June 26 at the University of St. Thomas, 30 S 10th Street in Minneapolis. Arrive early and enjoy a $10 lunch. No “Lunch with Lisa” in July or August.
Join Us at Our Monthly KIAA Meeting
The next KIAA Board meeting is Monday, July 1 from 7 to 8:30 pm at the Kenwood Recreation Center. All are welcome to attend. We need participation from more Kenwood residents. If you’d like to join the KIAA Board, serve on a KIAA committee, assist with communication efforts, or help with other neighborhood projects/events, please attend a monthly meeting or email Larry Moran at email@example.com.